Baby-shake dad sentence delay
A man convicted of shaking his 18-month-old baby son, leaving him blind and brain-damaged, will not now be sentenced until May.
The delay is due to the indisposition of the trial judge.
Robert John Anderson (26), whose address cannot be made public and whose baby cannot be named by order of the court, was found guilty last month of causing grievous bodily harm and neglect of the child after a five-and-a-half week trial.
As a result of injuries sustained in the incident on December 16, 2008, the baby can only respond to noise, is unable to speak and has multiple disability and mobility problems.
After the majority verdict, Anderson was remanded in custody until sentencing.
However, at Londonderry Crown Court yesterday, the Recorder Judge Piers Grant said the case could not be dealt with until the trial judge, Judge Philip Babington, returned.
He said that this would not happen until May and the case was adjourned until then.