Belfast Telegraph

Boy (14) in court over hoax bomb ‘mayhem’

A boy aged 14 has appeared in court accused of causing a series of security alerts in Lurgan.

He was charged with four counts of placing an article and causing a bomb hoax when he appeared at Craigavon Magistrates Court yesterday.

He was granted bail, was electronically tagged and is subject to a curfew.

A police detective told the court the teenager had caused “mayhem” when he placed a device at the door of a busy pub in the town.

The detective said the boy was arrested on Wednesday afternoon on the basis of information received earlier in the week.

When police examined the boy's mobile phone it contained “seven or eight” images of devices very similar to, or the same as, those which had caused the alerts, the court heard.

The teenager made no comment during police interviews and will appear in court again next month.

Belfast Telegraph

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph