Campaigners' plea over Ballymurphy
Campaigners have accused the UK Government of being more interested in bringing back fox hunting than finding justice for bereaved families in Belfast.
The claim was made as politicians in the Irish Republic prepare to debate a motion backing calls for a public inquiry into an incident known as the Ballymurphy Massacre.
John Teggart, whose father Danny was among 10 people shot dead during the 1971 attack, said: "We would like the support of all political parties to help us put pressure on the British Government to give us an independent inquiry based on the recent Hillsborough Inquiry so that we can unearth the terrible injustices of the events in 1971.
"The British Government made up of millionaires is more interested in bringing back fox hunting than they are at bringing justice and truth to our families."
Ten people, including a C atholic priest and a mother of eight, were killed during three days of gunfire involving members of the Parachute Regiment in August 1971. An other man died of a heart attack following an alleged violent confrontation with the troops in the west Belfast estate.
A fresh inquest is being held into the 10 deaths caused by gunfire but relatives are unhappy at the length of time state organisations are taking to disclose files to the coroner's court.
They are expected to travel to Dublin on Wednesday to hear TDs deabte an all-party motion supporting their quest to establish the truth.
It follows a meeting with Taoiseach Enda Kenny in Belfast earlier this year.
Mr Teggart added: "The Taoiseach met with the Ballymurphy Massacre Families on March 27 this year at the spots where our loved ones were murdered. The Taoiseach fully endorsed our campaign for truth and justice and he has been true to his word as he has tabled the all-party motion.
"I welcome this move by the Irish Government and hope that the motion will be supported by all political parties in the Dail."
The motion calls for TDs to support the Ballymurphy families in their quest for truth through an independent panel of inquiry and calls on the Northern Ireland Secretary Theresa Villiers to reconsider her decision of April 2014 not to establish inquiries into a number of Troubles-related deaths, including those at Ballymurphy.
Briege Voyle, whose mother Joan was also killed by troops, said she hoped the debate would send a "strong message" to the Tories.
She said: "We are still living with the consequences of what the British Army did in 1971 when they murdered 11 unarmed and innocent people.
"The British Government has an obligation to enable a full investigation to take place so that the full story of what happened to our loved ones can be told."
Soldiers claimed they had come under attack and returned fire. But the Ballymurphy families have demanded an acknowledgement that their loved ones were wrongfully killed.
In 2010, Prime Minister David Cameron apologised for the actions of the paratroopers on Bloody Sunday after a long-running public inquiry by Lord Saville found the shootings had been unjustified, as the victims posed no threat.
But last year, the Government rejected calls for a probe - on a smaller scale - into the events in Ballymurphy, insisting it was not in the public interest.
Sinn Fein president Gerry Adams said: "This is an important motion that deserves the full support of all parties in the Dail.
"It is an important further step toward persuading the British Government to agree to the demands of the 11 families for truth."