Dad John Brazil killed in house blaze 'had a smile for everyone'
A Co Fermanagh dad who died in a fire has been described as a man with a smile for everyone.
John Brazil's remains were discovered in an upstairs bedroom in a house in the Cornagrade area of Enniskillen yesterday morning.
Emergency crews were called to Drumgay Close at around 8.30am after the blaze took hold in the bedroom.
Four fire engines were sent to the scene and firefighters entered the house wearing breathing apparatus and using thermal imaging technology.
A neighbour of Mr Brazil described him as an extremely likeable man.
And Sinn Fein councillor Debbie Coyle said: "It's terrible and very sad to hear of his death.
"He was the type of person that if he met you on the street he would have stopped and had a bit of a chat and was always having a laugh.
"When the women's group would hold different raffles, he would always help them out by buying tickets. He was just a lovely man from the few years that I knew him.
"I have spoken to lots of people in Enniskillen who have all expressed their shock and sadness at this incident.
"At tragic times like this, we think of the family, especially at this time of year. He was a really friendly man who had a smile for everyone and will be missed."
The Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service is working to establish the cause of the blaze.
The incident is the latest in a line of fire tragedies here.
In October, 93-year-old Malcolm Troughton died in hospital two days after a blaze at the bungalow he shared with his wife in Richhill, Co Armagh.
In April, a woman in her 50s died following a fire at a house in Antrim.
And in October 10 people, including a six-month-old girl, died in a fire at a Travellers' site in Dublin.