Derry boys who swallowed pills discharged from hospital
Four teenage boys found in a semi-conscious state in Londonderry after taking tablets have been discharged from hospital.
The four friends from the Galliagh area, all aged between 14 and 15, were rushed to Altnagelvin Hospital last Wednesday after feeling unwell.
It later emerged that the four had taken prescription medication, understood to be drugs normally used to treat multiple sclerosis.
The alarm was raised by another boy in the group, who panicked when the teenagers slipped into a semi-conscious state.
Independent councillor Dermot Quigley said the boy had probably saved his friends' lives after the incident last week.
All four have now been discharged from hospital, the Western Health and Social Care Trust has confirmed.
The PSNI is investigating.
Following the incident, a police spokesperson warned that medication should not be taken without clinical advice.