Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Derry gas leak: 12 taken to Altnagelvin Hospital after 'carbon monoxide leak'

Published 27/07/2015

Derry gas leak: 12 people have been taken to Altnagelvin Hospital as a precaution
Derry gas leak: 12 people have been taken to Altnagelvin Hospital as a precaution

Twelve people have been taken to Altnagelvin Hospital as a precaution following a gas leak in the Waterside area of Londonderry.

The one man and 11 women were assessed in Altnagelvin hospital after the incident in the Spencer Road area.

The carbon monoxide leak was caused by an electrical fire on an underground cable.

Police and firefighters attended the scene and a number of properties were evacuated.

No one was badly injured.

Nine of the 12 people who attended hospital were discharged before 5pm with the remaining one man and two women expected to leave hospital this evening.

Online Editors

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph