Down pizzeria destroyed in second attack in fortnight
A fast food restaurant has been gutted in a suspected arson attack - less than two weeks after a deliberate fire at the same property.
The pizzeria and a first floor flat in Banbridge sustained major damage in the overnight blaze.
Police received a report at around 4am yesterday that the Pizza di Napoli eatery in Church Square was on fire. Firefighters were tasked, but the property sustained extensive damage.
The fire service said it was treating the latest fire as suspicious, adding that the building had been gutted. This is the second suspected arson attack on the premises in as many weeks. On July 5, the first floor apartment was severely damaged in a suspicious fire.
DUP MLA Carla Lockhart said: "I would utterly condemn this arson attack and would call on anyone who has information to come forward to the PSNI and report it.
"It's alarming to hear of a second attack in a short space of time on this premises.
"Substantial damage has been caused to the property and the PSNI are currently investigating the circumstances surrounding the attack."
Police are appealing for anyone with information to come forward.