Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Elderly pair escape from Antrim house blaze

By Staff Reporter

Published 23/08/2016

Fire crews attended the scene
Fire crews attended the scene

An elderly couple escaped serious injury after a house fire in Antrim.

The man was treated for smoke inhalation by paramedics. Major damage was caused to the bungalow at Maghereagh Road.

Two fire appliances from Antrim station and one from Ballymena station attended the accidental blaze shortly after 10am yesterday, the Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service said.

A spokeswoman added: "Fire crews dealt with a well-developed fire in the kitchen. A gas cylinder was also removed from the house and ventilated.

"A couple in their 80s were out of the property before the arrival of fire crews and the man was treated by ambulance personnel for smoke inhalation.

Belfast Telegraph

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph