Belfast Telegraph

Elderly woman dies in Co Antrim house fire

An elderly woman has died in a house fire in Co Antrim.

The blaze happened in the Greenland Walk area of Larne shortly before 6am on Monday morning.

A fire started in an upstairs bedroom.

A woman in her 70s was given first aid as fire crews waited for paramedics to arrive, but she died at the scene.

The cause of the blaze is believed to be accidental, a Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service (NIFRS) statement said.

Two fire appliances from Larne and one from Ballyclare were sent to the blaze. Crews dealt with a fire in an upstairs bedroom.

Belfast Telegraph Digital

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph