Belfast Telegraph

Father tells of Ballymena boy's burns ordeal

By John Mulgrew

The father of a four-year-old Ballymena boy who suffered horrific burns when he accidentally caught fire at his home has said the ordeal has been “a living nightmare”.

Michael Spiers said his young son Bradley was now “sedated but stable” at Belfast’s Royal Victoria Hospital.

Mr Spiers — who is separated from Bradley’s mother Leanne Carson — said he was confident his son would “pull through”.

“Bradley has suffered burns to his upper body and left arm and there is a small piece of his face which has been affected,” he told the Ballymena Times.

The boy was rushed to hospital after neighbours raised the alarm when they spotted him on fire on the street near his home on Friday.

“On behalf of Bradley, I would pay tribute to all those people who came to his aid,” he added.

“I know some of the people who went to his rescue, but still do not know the name of the woman whose hands were burned as she tried to put out the flames.”

Belfast Telegraph

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph