Funeral for Northern Ireland backpacker Martin Stephen Hale who died in Cambodia
A backpacker from Co Down who died two weeks ago while travelling in Cambodia was laid to rest on Friday.
Martin Stephen Hale (34), who was known as Marty, died from a suspected drugs overdose in the Happy House guest house in the capital Phnom Penh.
Father to Cora and Shauna, he had been travelling around south-east Asia for 10 weeks, and had recently met up with friend Dean McWilliams (22), from Antrim.
Mr McWilliams was taken to Calmette Hospital in an unconscious state but discharged himself and returned to the guesthouse to collect his belongings.
His family later issued a social media appeal to find him because they believed he had vanished without his passport or his mobile phone but he was later located near the British Embassy.
Speaking at the time of Mr Hale's death on June 1, his mother Teresa Temple said he had died from a cardiac arrest after taking tablets containing morphine.
She added that she had previously tried to warn him of the dangers of drug abuse.
Mr Hale had been travelling without holiday insurance but his family were assisted by the Kevin Bell Repatriation Trust to bring his body home to Northern Ireland.
A funeral from Mr Hale's home at Tirowen Crescent, Lisburn, took place on Friday at 9am followed by prayers and Requiem Mass at St Patrick's Church, Chapel Hill, Lisburn at 10am.
His remains wiere interred at Holy Trinity Cemetery.