Belfast Telegraph

Gas poison victim to be laid to rest

By Adrian Rutherford

The funeral will take place today of Co Fermanagh businessman Killian Scallon who was killed by carbon monoxide poisoning in his home.

Hundreds of mourners are expected to gather to pay their last respects to Mr Scallon, who was found dead at his Irvinestown home earlier this week. His wife Pauline is still in a critical condition in the Royal Victoria Hospital.

The father-of-two — a nephew of former Eurovision winner Dana — was found in his bedroom after being overcome by fumes.

The couple’s two children, James and Laura, have been staying by their mother’s bedside.

She is too unwell to attend her husband’s funeral, which will take place at the Sacred Heart Church in Irvinestown this morning.

Belfast Telegraph

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph