How well do you know your road safety basics?
1. What is the speed limit for a car on a single lane country road, unless otherwise directed?
2. Most road deaths happen on a) urban streets b) motorways c) country roads?
3. What is the speed limit for a car on a road with street lights, unless otherwise directed?
4. What signifies that a road is a dual carriageway? And what speed does that mean you can drive a car at, unless otherwise directed?
5. A child hit by a car at 20mph has a 90% chance of survival. What is their chance of survival if hit at 40mph?
6. Is the drink drive limit a) a pint of beer b) half a pint of beer c) two pints of beer d) none of the above
7. A child under three can travel in a taxi without a restraint - true or false?
answers: 1. 60mph 2. Country roads 3. 30mph 4. A barrier; 70mph 5. 10% 6. None of the above. Alcohol affects each individual differently. The official limit is 35 microgrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath; 80 milligrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood or 107 milligrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of urine. How alcohol settles in your body differs from person to person 7. True