Man accused of child abduction released on bail
A man who allegedly abducted a child has been released on bail.
Appearing in the dock of Belfast Magistrates Court , Christopher Smyth (26) was charged with abducting a boy on February 27, two counts of assaulting the boy's father and causing criminal damage to the front door of a house on Norfolk Drive in the city.
A police constable said he could connect Smyth to the charges, adding that bail conditions had been agreed.
Solicitor Dennis Maloney said a suitable address outside west Belfast was "immediately" available at Wynchurch Park.
District Judge Ken Nixon released Smyth on his own bail of £500, with a surety of £500. He also barred him from contacting the alleged victims and ordered Smyth's mother to lodge a £1,000 cash surety. Smyth will appear in court on March 28.