Man found unconscious at Ballymena house dies - police not treating death as suspicious
Police have confirmed a man who was found unconscious at a house in Ballymena last week has died and after a post-mortem examination it is not being treated as suspicious.
A 40-year-old man who was arrested as part of the investigation has been released unconditionally, a PSNI spokesman said on Wednesday.
Police have not released the name of the deceased, who was in his 40s, and was found unconscious at a house in Dunclug Gardens on Tuesday October 18.
Last week police issued an appeal for information in relation to the man - understood to be Polish - who was found unconscious and taken to hospital.
At the time police said the man was in a "serious" condition in hospital.
Police said last week a 40-year-old man was arrested and was helping them with their enquiries.
Last week police were at the scene for a number of days and officers were outside a downstairs flat in a two-storey terraced dwelling.
A neighbour said last week: "An ambulance left here around 11am on Tuesday. Two men live in the flat and I think they are Polish. They have lived here for only a number of months."
Other local people said forensic officers had been at the house.
An Ambulance Service spokesman said a man was taken to Antrim Area Hospital at 11.15am on Tuesday October 18.
A Northern Health Trust spokeswoman said last week the man was initially in a "serious" condition in the intensive care unit at Antrim Area Hospital.