Belfast Telegraph

Mary Byrne silent over X Factor exit

X Factor sensation Mary Byrne maintained a dignified silence yesterday over the controversial circumstances of her exit from the show.

The checkout worker from Ballyfermot in Dublin admitted she had been warned by the show's producers to “be careful” about what she said — but she insisted she wasn't bitter with the way things had turned out.

“There's nothing I can do about that, and more importantly it won't change anything,” she said.

“Myself and my mentor Louis Walsh wanted to get to the final and it didn't happen for a lot of reasons. They have their reason but I don't think they did anything wrong.

“I think it's just the way it went and that's it now. I'm coming home to a hero's welcome, to the most beautiful people in the world. I'm happy with that.” But despite MaBy's protestations, the row continued over the last-minute decision to allow the judges decide who would go through to the final.

In previous years, the public had decided. And show presenter Dermot O'Leary told viewers last week the decision was up to them.

But in the end, the decision |belonged to the judging panel — Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh, Dannii Minogue and Cheryl Cole.

They put Cher Lloyd through to next week's final and sent Mary home.

The finalists were only told of the rule change on Sunday morning, Mary revealed.

Belfast Telegraph

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph