Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Pictured: Fire crew cuts free boy trapped in cinema seat in Northern Ireland

By Claire Williamson

It was a cinema trip which ended up with more drama off the screen than on it for one young boy in Northern Ireland.

The Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue service had to be called after a 9-year-old child got his hand trapped in one of the seats on Tuesday, April 18.

It happened in the Omniplex Cinema at the Quayside centre on the Strand Road in Londonderry just after 4pm.

Crews from Northland and Crescent Links had to use a hydraulic cutter, socket sets and screw drivers to free him.

After using the specialist cutting equipment the boy's hand was released.

He was assessed by paramedics at the scene but did not attend hospital.

The NIFRS shared pictures of the rescue on their Facebook page.

Online Editors

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph