Six cars torched in Belfast Holylands
Six cars have been torched in the Holylands area of south Belfast since Saturday morning.
Police are appealing for information from any witnesses to the arson attacks:
- Two cars set on fire in Cadogan Street In the early hours of Saturday. Both vehicles were extensively damaged;
- One car set alight in Collingwood Avenue shortly after midnight on Saturday;
- A car badly damaged by fire in Damascus Street at 3.50am on Sunday;
- A car completely gutted by fire in Cadogan street shortly after 11.30pm on Sunday;
- And extensive damage to a car in Delhi Street just after midnight on Monday morning.
Inspector Ray Shaw, of Laganbank Neighbourhood Policing Team, said: "Police are treating these fires as suspicious.
"Police would ask anyone who has any information to contact them at Lisburn Road on the non emergency number 101.
"Or, if someone would prefer to provide information without giving their details they can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers and speak to them anonymously on 0800 555 111."
Belfast Telegraph Digital