Stephen Nolan reports Arlene Foster received email warning of RHI 'misuse' in September 2013
Arlene Foster was sent email warning of misuse in the Renewable Heating Incentive scheme, the BBC Stephen Nolan show reports.
On Monday morning, Nolan reported on a whistleblower email sent to Mrs Foster's email on September 3, 2013.
It said: "Given benefits of RHI we find many of our potential customers are no longer worried about becoming more efficient, in fact it pays them to use as much as they can.
"In fact the incentive to use more is leading to misuse in come cases."
In response, the DUP told the BBC that Mrs Foster had no record of the email, but said it had no reason to believe it wasn't sent or that it was received.
It added: "As has been apparent over recent days there is clearly some confusion over the precise details in relation to the emails.
"The First Minister has no formal record of emails from this period as her records do not go back this far."
In relation to the much-discussed email from a whistleblower last week - which the DUP said raised no concern over the RHI scheme - the party said that person said it was the only direct contact they had had with Mrs Foster.
The statement continued: "We understand another email has come to light dated September 3, 2013, which makes a reference to concerns over RHI, the First Minister has no record, but equally no reason to believe it was either sent or received."
The generous scheme which was designed to encourage businesses to switch from burning fossil fuels is now predicted to cost the public purse an extra £400million after inadequate cost controls.
Mrs Foster has always denied any wrongdoing saying she always sought to follow appropriate processes over the scheme saying she was never made aware of problems with it while she was Enterprise Minister.
A DUP spokesman told the Belfast Telegraph: "As has been apparent over recent days there is clearly some confusion over the precise details in relation to the emails.
"The First Minister has no formal record of any emails from this period as her records do not go back this far.
"The First Minister initially indicated to Spotlight that she had passed on an email in relation to RHI to her departmental officials.
"Subsequently the First Minister was shown the email of 26 August 2013 from the person in question which was published last week. That email had been passed to officials, and the Minister had then replied to the person in question on 5 September 2013 offering a meeting with officials.
Before the email of the 26th August was published the person who had sent the email was contacted by an official in the Department of the Economy who confirmed that the 26th August email had been the only direct contact with Arlene Foster, and the official’s understanding was that she was content to release that email subject to redactions.
"We apologise if there was any misunderstanding, as we certainly would not have released the email had we thought that would be against her wishes."
The statement continued: "However, we understand that another email has come to light dated September 30 which makes a reference to concerns about the RHI.
"The First Minister’s office has no record of this email, but equally no reason to believe that it was not sent or received.
"In any event the person in question contacted officials two days later on 5 September 2013 (in immediate response to the letter from the Minister) in order to set up a meeting at which her plans and concerns were discussed.
"We understand that at this meeting she also raised concerns about the RHI but, very unfortunately, these concerns were not taken sufficiently seriously. At all times Mrs Foster sought to follow the appropriate processes in relation to this issue."