Belfast Telegraph

Three held over Belfast street assault

Three men have been arrested in connection with an attack on a man in Belfast at the weekend.

The 32-year-old was set upon by a group of men in the Hope Street area of the city centre at around 10.30pm on Saturday night.

He suffered what police described as a “superficial wound” to his right side as well as cuts and bruising to his body.

He was taken to hospital for medical treatment for his injuries which are not believed to be life threatening.

The men — aged 16, 28 and 36 — were arrested by police a short time after the attack and last night were assisting police with their enquiries.

Police are appealing for anyone with information about the attack to contact them.

Alliance MLA Anna Lo said she was extremely concerned about what she said was an increase in street crime such as assault and carjackings. She was a victim of an attempted car hi-jacking earlier this month.

“I think this is really terrible. Belfast used to be really safe compared to other cities in the UK,” she said.

“But with the number of crimes happening, we are really seeing an increase and it’s something we all have to be concerned about.”

Belfast Telegraph

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph