Two unhurt after car bursts into flames in Belfast city centre
Two people escaped injury after a car caught fire close to Belfast city centre.
It is believed an electrical fault sparked the blaze in the Vauxhall Zafira as it travelled along Dunbar Link shortly after 11am on Wednesday.
Fire crews from nearby Whitla Fire Station were sent to the scene, where police had cordoned off two lanes.
It appears the flames took hold in the bonnet of the family car.
The ferocious heat caused the car's bumper to melt and singed the driver and passenger doors.
The blaze has been deemed accidental and was put out by firefighters 10 minutes after they arrived.
But the still-smouldering car was left on the side of the road until it was towed away.
Puzzled motorists on the other side of the reservation were spotted staring at the destroyed vehicle.
It caused minor disruption on Belfast's roads, as shoppers made their way to the city centre.