Ulster's imprint truly stamped on Royal Mail's new gallery
This year marks the 50th anniversary of Royal Mail's Special Stamp programme, which celebrates the UK and its national characteristics
Over the past five decades people, places and images from Northern Ireland have appeared on numerous special stamps.
Royal Mail has now launched an online gallery of every special stamp issued since July 1965, which includes images of all the Northern Ireland stamps
The province also has its own set of definitive stamps, which feature further local images including well-known landscapes, linen making and basket weaving.
The top 10 Northern Ireland special stamps feature:
1. Belfast shipyards/Harland & Wolff - 1969, 1999, 2004 - plus special Titanic edition
2. Carrickfergus Castle - part of definitives and 1988
3. Armagh telescope and observatory - 1970 and 1990
4. Antrim countryside/coastline - 1966 and 2002
5. Giant's Causeway - 2004
6. George Best - 2013
7. CS Lewis's Narnia - 1998
8. Rural architecture, Ulster thatch - 1970
9. Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge - 2011
10. Belfast Cathedral - 2008