Wheelchair user dies in Holywood house fire 'tragedy'
A wheelchair user has died in a house fire in Co Down.
Carson Quinn lived in the East Link area of Holywood. The alert was raised on Saturday morning.
Neighbours are understood to have raised the alarm but the man was found dead at the scene by members of the emergency services.
Alliance Holywood councillor Andrew Muir said the local community was in shock at the pre-Christmas tragedy.
"I wish to praise the bravery of the emergency services in their attempts to tackle the fire and rescue this man. I would also encourage anyone with information on this fire to contact the authorities so the cause can be determined."
DUP Assembly member Gordon Dunne said he was saddened.
"This tragedy has left a real sense of grief and sadness within the local community particularly as we approach the Christmas period. This is a close knit community and a tragedy such as this is felt right across the community."