Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Woman accused of stab murder bid is released on bail

By Paul Higgins

Published 14/01/2016

Louise Marshall leaves Craigavon court
Louise Marshall leaves Craigavon court

A woman charged with attempting to murder a man who was stabbed has been released on bail.

Louise Marshall (36) told Craigavon Magistrates Court she understood the single charge against her.

Marshall, from Manor Court in Moira, is accused of trying to murder Robert O'Callaghan on January 11 of this year.

The 54-year-old was stabbed in the early hours of Monday in Manor Court in the Co Down village.

He remains in hospital where his condition is described as serious but stable.

A 21-year-old man who was also arrested in connection with the incident has since been released on police bail pending further enquiries.

In court yesterday a detective constable said she knew the facts surrounding the incident and she believed that she could connect Marshall to the offence.

A prosecuting lawyer asked for the case to be adjourned for four weeks as a "full file has been requested".

Defence barrister Paul Bacon revealed that "vulnerable" Marshall had been released on police bail on Tuesday evening.

District Judge Mervyn Bates freed her on court bail.

He barred Marshall from contacting her alleged victim and the other man arrested over his alleged involvement and also imposed conditions that Marshall observes a curfew and is not allowed to drink alcohol or enter licensed premises.

Marshall was also ordered to come back to court on February 10.

Belfast Telegraph

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph