Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Boy (2) dies in Donegal after choking on toast

By Catherine Devine

Published 22/08/2016

Gardai said Ricky Devine-McGinley died after a freak accident
Gardai said Ricky Devine-McGinley died after a freak accident

A two-year-old boy died after choking on a piece of toast in Donegal.

Ricky Devine-McGinley (2) died after a freak accident at the home of a close relative on Saturday August 20 at around 1pm, gardai confirmed.

He was rushed to Letterkenny University Hospital where he passed away a short time later.

Ricky, of Moyle Hill in Milford, was the only son of Gerard McGinley and Ceara Devine.

It is believed a post-mortem was carried out yesterday at LUH and his remains will be removed from there later today.

Ricky will be laid to rest on Wednesday at 11am in Milford.

Irish Independent

Independent.ie

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph