Fresh Frontline probe ruled out
The broadcasting watchdog has ruled out a new investigation into RTE's The Frontline live presidential debate.
Defeated presidential candidate Sean Gallagher had lodged a complaint about the broadcaster's trustworthiness and impartiality after a member of the studio audience alleged his question to the candidate had been changed by the production team.
The Broadcasting Authority of Ireland (BAI) said it had not received any direct evidence that would cause it to review its decision - when it found a tweet read on the live show from an unofficial Twitter account had been unfair to Mr Gallagher.
"The committee will consider the matter further in the event that any direct evidence emerges," it said in a statement.
However BAI has requested a copy of RTE's internal editorial review of its programme-making practices.
Communications Minister Pat Rabbitte on Monday ruled out any fresh inquiry into the RTE tweet controversy unless new evidence came to light.