Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Funeral for Donegal tot Ricky Devine-McGinley who died after choking on toast

Published 23/08/2016

Ricky Devine-McGinley (2) died after a freak accident at the home of a close relative in Donegal on Saturday at around 1pm, gardai confirmed
Ricky Devine-McGinley (2) died after a freak accident at the home of a close relative in Donegal on Saturday at around 1pm, gardai confirmed

An Irish toddler who died after choking on a piece of toast will be buried tomorrow.

Ricky Devine-McGinley (2) died after a freak accident at the home of a close relative in Donegal on Saturday at around 1pm, gardai confirmed.

He was rushed to Letterkenny University Hospital (LUH) where he passed away a short time later.

Ricky, of Moyle Hill in Milford, was the only son of Gerard McGinley and Ceara Devine.

It is believed a post-mortem was carried out yesterday at LUH and his remains will be removed from there later today.

The Garda said it is aware of the incident, but the death is not being investigated.

Ricky will be laid to rest tomorrow at 11am in Milford.

Local priest Fr Adrian Gavigan told the Donegal Democrat that Ricky's parents have been left devastated.

"A terrible tragedy has fallen on the parish and the whole community," he told the newspaper.

Belfast Telegraph

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph