Belfast Telegraph

Mother badly burned at family barbecue in Ardagh, Co Limerick

A mother is in a critical condition in hospital after being engulfed in flames at a family barbecue.

Joanne McMahon was at a family Confirmation after-party in Ardagh, Co Limerick, when a fireball exploded in her face as she put more fuel on the barbecue. "She swallowed the flames. It was horrific," a garda spokesman said. The victim, who is in her 40s and from Castlemahon, Co Limerick, is said to have sustained around 70pc burns to her upper body. Ms McMahon's sister Noelle Collum, from Knockaderry, was also badly burned in the fireball. Two children attending the party were taken to University Hospital Limerick, but were discharged, having sustained minor injuries.

 

Belfast Telegraph Digital

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph