Search resumes for missing boat
A major search operation for two missing fishermen in the Irish Sea has resumed.
Garda divers are joining teams looking for the pair who left Skerries harbour in north Dublin at about noon on Friday.
The alarm was raised about 6.30pm when another fisherman realised the 17ft lobster boat had not returned to the harbour.
The local men, aged 29 and early 40s, are experienced seamen.
Volunteer lifeboat crews from Skerries, Howth and Clogherhead led the massive sea search in force seven to eight winds and in three to four metre swellls.
Coastguard personnel also checked the coastline while the rescue helicopter from Dublin Airport and Garda Helicopter joined the operation late into the night.
The search was finally called off shortly before midnight due to deteriorating weather conditions and lack of visibility.
A spokesman for the Irish Coast Guard said debris had been found on the far side of Skerries Islands which is believed to have been from the 18-foot boat.
The RNLI said a multi-vessel organised search involving the RNLI Lifeboats, the coastguard, the Garda Water Unit and a large number of fishing vessels from up and down the coastline would resume the search at first light.