Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Teenage boy held after fatal stabbing released without charge

A teenage boy detained after the fatal stabbing of another young man has been released without charge, gardai said.

He was arrested and questioned by detectives in Dublin on Friday over the death of a 17-year-old, named locally as Reece Cullen.

Mr Cullen was attacked at a house in Kilclare Crescent in the Jobstown area of the capital at about 3pm on Thursday and later pronounced dead in nearby Tallaght Hospital.

A Garda spokesman said on Saturday that the teenager arrested under Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act had been released late on Friday night.

A file will now be prepared for the director of public prosecutions, he added.

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph