'Vast majority' of Irish citizens in Nice safe and well
The "vast majority" of Irish citizens in Nice have been accounted for and are safe and well.
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade said it is trying to make contact with a small number of people with whom contact has not yet been made - but said there is no reason to believe they were caught up in the terror attack.
More than 60 specific inquiries expressing concern about one or more Irish citizens were received on Thursday and Friday.
In a statement, the department said: " The vast majority of those concerned have been accounted for and confirmed as safe and well.
"The department is continuing to work to establish contact with a small number of individuals with whom contact has not yet been made, but the department has no reason to believe that any of these have been caught up in the incident.
"As previously indicated, the department had particular concerns relating to one case. Following intensive follow-up, the department is now satisfied that there is no longer cause for concern in that case.
"Efforts now are focused on making contact with a small number of individuals in order to assure ourselves that they are safe and well."