The Food Standards Agency has advised the public not to consume jars of a Loyd Grossman sauce which may pose a risk of botulism poisoning.
The agency said a batch of the brand's Korma sauce had been made the subject of a full recall and was being removed from shop shelves.
In a statement confirming that two members of the same family had been hospitalised in Scotland, the FSA said only one jar from the batch was known to have been contaminated with the bacteria which causes botulism.
The recalled 350g jars have a best before date of February 2013 and bear the batch code 1218R 07:21.
Botulism is caused by a toxin produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum, which attacks the nervous system.