Boy, 15, locked up over death crash
A 15-year-old boy has been given a 12-month detention order after admitting causing death by careless driving.
The teenager was also disqualified from driving for 10 years at Blackfriars Crown Court today having pleaded guilty in March, the Metropolitan Police said.
Officers were called just after 1pm on October 19 last year to reports of a collision between a moped and two cars in Seven Sisters Road at the junction with Moreton Road in north London.
London Ambulance Service and London's Air Ambulance provided medical assistance to the moped rider but he died at the scene.
He was named as 17-year-old Joe Walker, from Islington.
Police said a total of six people were arrested in connection with the crash.
A 17-year-old boy previously pleaded guilty to driving while disqualified in connection with the incident and was sentenced on January 20 at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court to an 18-month rehabilitation order, the Met said.
He was also disqualified from driving for 12 months.
At Highbury Corner Youth Court on May 19, a 16-year-old-boy was convicted of allowing himself to be carried in a stolen vehicle and sentenced to a 12-month conditional discharge, police said.
Three men previously arrested in connection with the incident were released without charge.