Boy, 16, charged with rape of eight-year-old girl
The teenager is alleged to have attacked the girl in Nuthurst Park, in the Moston area of Manchester.
A 16-year-old boy has been charged with the rape of an eight-year-old girl in a Manchester park.
The teenager, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is alleged to have attacked the girl in Nuthurst Park, in the Moston area of the city, on Saturday evening.
Police said the boy has been remanded to appear in custody at Manchester Youth Court on Monday.
UPDATE: 16yr old boy charged in connection with rape of 8yr old girl in Nuthurst Park, Moston https://t.co/8tbKCbO5ZI— G M Police (@gmpolice) June 25, 2017
Greater Manchester Police have urged the public not to speculate over the circumstances of the incident.
The force said: “This is in relation to an incident that happened just before 6.55pm on Saturday 24 June 2017 when police were called to reports that an eight-year-old girl had been raped in Nuthurst Park.
“We are aware of a lot of local speculation regarding the investigation and we would ask that this please stops to allow the investigation and legal process to continue without prejudice.”