Brussels enters its fourth day on lockdown
Brussels has entered its fourth day on high terror alert, as security measures continue to disrupt normal life in the Belgian capital.
Schools are set to reopen on Wednesday as well as parts of the subway system which have been shut in recent days, but the city will remain at the highest level of alert for at least another week, the country's prime minister Charles Michel said.
"We are very alert and call for caution," Mr Michel said.
On Monday an explosive vest similar to those used in the November 13 attacks in Paris during which 130 people died was discovered in the suburb of Chatillon-Montrouge by a street cleaner.
The suicide vest was made up of the same types of explosives used to cause carnage in the French capital earlier this month, a police official said.
The vest was found in the same area as a mobile phone belonging to Salah Abdeslam, a suspect who has been on the run since the attacks.
Police said the vest has not been formally linked to Abdeslam, whose brother Brahim was one of those who blew themselves up when the Bataclan concert hall was targeted as well as the Stade de France and a number of restaurants.
Meanwhile Americans on their travels have been warned to be vigilant to possible terror attacks from Islamic State and other extremist groups.
A travel alert, valid until the end of February, has been issued by the US State Department, warning that named terrorist groups including al-Qaida and Boko Haram are planning attacks around the world.