Buzz Lightyear tops film quote poll
"To infinity... and beyond" - the line uttered by Toy Story's Buzz Lightyear - has triumphed over some of the most memorable movie classics to be named the best film quote of all time.
The space ranger's catchphrase came top of a poll conducted by the Radio Times to find the nation's favourite film quote.
Michael Caine's famous phrase from The Italian Job, "You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!", took second place, followed by "Say hello to my little friend", uttered by Al Pacino in crime film Scarface.
The top 10 also features "He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!" from Monty Python's Life of Brian (fourth) and "You're Gonna Need A Bigger Boat" from the thriller Jaws (fifth).
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!", Clark Gable's famous line from Gone With The Wind, took sixth place.
Sean Connery's "Bond. James Bond" from Dr No, and Humphrey Bogart's "Here's looking at you, kid" from Casablanca missed out on the top 10.
More than 2,500 film fans contributed to the poll.
Broadcaster Barry Norman, who presented the BBC's film review show for several years, said that the large number of responses to the poll sent a "message" to "television programmers".
"The audience - or at least the thinking part of it, which I believe is greater than most programmers seem to acknowledge - is just as interested in the content and quality of the films themselves as they are in interviews with the stars," he said.
The top 10 film quotes of all time
1. "To infinity... and beyond." Buzz Lightyear/Tim Allen in Toy Story (1995)
2. "You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Charlie Croker/Michael Caine in The Italian Job (1969)
3. "Say hello to my little friend." Tony Montana/Al Pacino in Scarface (1983)
4. "He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!" The mother of Brian/Terry Jones in Monty Python's Life of Brian (1979)
5. "You're gonna need a bigger boat." Brody/Roy Scheider in Jaws (1975)
6. "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!" Rhett Butler/Clark Gable in Gone with the Wind (1939)
7. "Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me!" Julius Caesar/Kenneth Williams in Carry On Cleo (1964)
8. "All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain." Roy Batty/Rutger Hauer in Blade Runner (1982)
9. "Nobody's perfect." Osgood Fielding III/Joe E Brown in Some Like It Hot (1959)
10. "We want the finest wines available to humanity. We want them here, and we want them now!" Withnail/Richard E Grant in Withnail & I (1987)