Chart duo sign solo deals
Chart stars Jonathan & Charlotte are to split up after signing solo record deals.
Jonathan Antoine, 19, and Charlotte Jaconelli, 18, who sold more than a quarter of a million albums as a duo, will go their separate ways after releasing a final recording for Mothering Sunday.
The 2012 Britain's Got Talent runners-up said in a statement they were "so happy for each other".
The pair initially stayed together despite the show's boss, Simon Cowell, urging Antoine he would be better off without his former school friend.
They said: " To now be offered our own solo record deals by Sony Classical is the most exciting thing ever and we are thrilled to be going back into the recording studio so soon. For those that voted for us, bought our CDs and saw us in concert - thank you. We hope to see you soon at our own shows."
Jaconelli, who takes inspiration from classic musicals, is expected to release her first solo album in June, while operatic tenor Antoine's debut is due out in the autumn.
Professor Jonathan Shalit, the pair's manager, said: " Jonathan and Charlotte have the most wonderful individually special voices and I am delighted that Sony Classical have recognised this in offering them solo record deals. There are very exciting times are ahead for these two such musically gifted young people."
Antoine has previously spoken about problems with his mental health which led to him self-harming and considering taking his own life before he found fame on the TV show. He has said it was related to chronic insomnia.
Jonathan & Charlotte were forced to pull out of a performance before the Queen at the Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance event last November after he was again diagnosed with acute depression.