Chicken recall after listeria found
Store chain Spar has recalled a batch of chicken chunks after the bacteria listeria was found in the products.
The affected batch of 140g packs of Flame Grilled Chicken Chunks was distributed to Spar stores in the Midlands and Wales, according to the Food Standards Agency.
The packs, which have a use-by date of March 3 2012, could contain the bacteria listeria monocytogenes.
The bacteria can cause listerosis, a mild infection which can lead to flu-like symptoms, vomiting and diarrhoea.
Symptoms usually pass within three days without the need for treatment, according to the NHS.
Spar issued the recall after "low levels" of the bacteria was found during routine testing.
In a statement issued on the Food Standards Agency website, Spar said: "Consumers who have bought the affected product should not consume it and return it to Spar for a refund."