Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Home News UK

Chris Evans to face no further action over sex assault claims

Published 28/07/2016

Chris Evans had been accused of sexually assaulting a woman
Chris Evans had been accused of sexually assaulting a woman

Chris Evans will face no further investigation into an allegation he sexually assaulted a woman in the 1990s.

The allegation, made to police on May 23 this year, related to an incident that was said to have occurred in Tower Hamlets, east London.

A spokesman for the former Top Gear presenter said: "The Metropolitan Police have confirmed that the complaint has been investigated, but it fails to meet the evidential test to warrant any further action. Case is dropped."

The Metropolitan Police said officers from the sexual offences, exploitation and child abuse command investigated and a man in his 50s was interviewed under caution on Thursday.

But a spokesman said: "The decision was made by the police that there was insufficient evidence to proceed."

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph