Crufts dog deaths: Kennel Club 'has no details' on shih tzu poisoning
The Kennel Club says it has received no information about claims a second show dog may now have died after falling ill following Crufts.
The club, which organises the world-famous show at Birmingham's NEC, said it "has received no details" after reports that a shih tzu had died.
Neither was any shih tzu treated by the official Crufts vet during the four-day show last week, it added.
It comes after owners of an Irish setter known as Jagger claimed their dog had died after showing at Crufts last Thursday, having apparently been fed poisoned chunks of steak.
A toxicologist report on that dog, whose show name was Thendara Satisfaction, is expected next week, according to its co-owner Aleksandra Lauwers.
Crufts said: "The Kennel Club has received no details about the shih tzu who has allegedly died and whose identity remains unknown and we can confirm that no shih tzus were seen by the show vet at Crufts.
"We cannot look into claims about which we have no direct information, which is why it essential that people come forward with any concerns."
The Kennel Club earlier said it was aware of reports several other dogs - including a shih tzu - together with a West Highland white terrier and an Afghan hound had also fallen ill after this year's show following claims made by other owners.
Ms Lauwers, who lives in Belgium, said toxicological tests were being carried out on samples from Jagger at Ghent University.