Belfast Telegraph

Home News UK

Drive ban for Tulisa Contostavlos after drunk car smash

By Catherine Wylie

Tulisa Contostavlos put her Hollywood dreams on hold after she crashed her Ferrari on the wrong side of the road while drink-driving, a court has heard.

The former X Factor judge (27), was banned from driving for 15 months after admitting being over the limit in the incident outside Southgate Tube station in north London on September 10 last year.

Contostavlos said she was "sleep-walking" or "sleep-driving" in an interview at the police station afterwards, prosecutor Tarika Jayaratne told Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court.

Mitigating, lawyer Kirsty Brimelow QC said Contostavlos was "a very talented young woman" and had been signed up by an agent in Hollywood, adding: "She has placed everything on hold because of this."

But District Judge Gill Allison dismissed the application.

Contostavlos pleaded guilty to driving with 54 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath. The legal limit is 35 microgrammes.

The former N-Dubz star was ordered to pay £1,185 and disqualified from driving for 15 months. A charge of dangerous driving was dropped by prosecutors.

Belfast Telegraph

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph