Belfast Telegraph

Home News UK

Firework boy loses part of finger

A 10-year-old boy had part of his finger blown off when he was playing with fireworks.

Fire crews from Offerton in Greater Manchester were called to Glebe Street at 5.32pm on Monday.

They found the boy with burn and blast injuries to his left hand.

A spokesman for Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service said: "Further investigation showed that he had suffered a partial amputation of the index finger and a split thumb.

"It was noticed that illegal fireworks were being used in the area and the fire service quickly seized approximately six of the prohibited banger type."

Fire crews have appealed to the public not to misuse fireworks in the run up to Bonfire Night and to attend organised displays.

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph