Footballers bailed after sex quiz
Six footballers arrested by police investigating an alleged sex attack on a woman have been released on bail.
Five of the players were from Championship side Brighton and Hove Albion and the sixth man plays for League One side AFC Bournemouth.
All six were held by detectives from the Surrey and Sussex major crime team on suspicion of sexual assault.
They were taken for questioning at different custody centres across Sussex following the alleged attack on a woman in July last year.
A Sussex Police spokesman said all those arrested were freed on bail until March 21, pending further inquiries by officers.
The identities of the players have not been revealed by police or their clubs. The five from Brighton are 18, 19, two aged 20 and one 24. The Bournemouth player is 20.
The alleged attack was reported to police at the time but the suspects were only identified last Friday, according to officers.
Four of the men were arrested in Brighton at 4.20am, a fifth was arrested in the city three hours later and the sixth held in Dorset at 10.30am.
A police spokesman said: "The six men that were arrested in Brighton and Bournemouth on Thursday on suspicion of sexual assault have been questioned and bailed.
"The men are 18, 19, two 20-year-olds and one 24-year-old, all from Brighton, and a 20-year-old from Bournemouth. They have been bailed to March 21."