Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Home News UK

Inquest for toddler who died after choking at Pizza Hut

Published 16/02/2016

Two-year-old Jacob Jenkins died after choking at a branch of Pizza Hut
Two-year-old Jacob Jenkins died after choking at a branch of Pizza Hut

An inquest will be held for a toddler who died after choking on a grape in a Pizza Hut restaurant.

Two-year-old Jacob Jenkins was taken to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle after he choked on the fruit at the Hartlepool branch of the chain.

He died days later in October after his parents Abigail Wilson and David Jenkins were advised that his life support machine should be turned off.

At the time, hundreds of wellwishers gathered in Hartlepool to release hundreds of yellow balloons on Seaton Carew seafront in tribute.

The inquest will be held at Newcastle Civic Centre on Tuesday.

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph