Journalist held in phone-hack probe
Another News of the World journalist has been questioned by detectives investigating the phone-hacking scandal.
James Weatherup, a senior reporter who has also worked as a news editor at the Sunday tabloid, was bailed after being held at a London police station.
He was the third journalist arrested since the Metropolitan Police reopened their inquiry into claims that staff at the top-selling newspaper hacked into the answerphone messages of celebrities and politicians.
The arrest further underlined the Metropolitan Police's determination to investigate the scandal thoroughly after criticism that an earlier inquiry was inadequate.
Weatherup was arrested at a property on Thursday morning by the force's Operation Weeting team on suspicion of unlawfully intercepting mobile phone voicemail messages. He was bailed until September.
Neville Thurlbeck, 50, and Ian Edmondson, 42, were held earlier this month and have been released on police bail to return in September.
Lord Prescott, the former deputy prime minister, said the latest arrest was further evidence that News Corporation's takeover of BSkyB should be delayed until the police inquiry is complete.
Meanwhile, former Labour home secretary David Blunkett warned that phone-hacking by journalists was not limited to the News of the World.
He told BBC Radio 4's World At One: "I'd like a proper police inquiry. It isn't, incidentally, just News International.
"I think the experience I'm aware of from eight, six, five years ago is undoubtedly there's more that's going on than meets the eye."