Man describes saving Claudia's girl
A heroic father has described the moment he saved Claudia Winkleman's daughter when her Halloween costume caught fire
Jamie Poulton, 45, reportedly suffered second-degree burns as he plucked eight-year-old Matilda from a group of children and put out the flames with his bare hands.
The restaurant owner from London said he was just a few feet away when he saw the youngster's black wizard outfit turn into "a crackling ball of flame" on a narrow doorstep.
He told the Daily Mail: "All the children were wearing the same kit. It was like a potential horror film in front of me, because they were all going to go.
"This material just keeps reigniting and re-burning. And it is sticky, so it melts on the skin. It doesn't cinder. It remains hot. It was horrific to be honest."
Mr Poulton, a father of two, insisted he was not a hero.
"Any parent would have done exactly the same thing so I don't think there is anything heroic about it," he told the newspaper.
Matilda is thought to have been out trick-or-treating in Halloween costume when the accident happened, when she came into contact with flames from a candle.
Presenter Winkleman, 42, and her film producer husband Kris Thykier said in a statement that they are hopeful that their daughter will make a full recovery.
But she will not be hosting Strictly Come Dancing tonight and whether she returns to the show after that is yet to be confirmed. Zoe Ball will replace her on tonight's episode.