Man quizzed over shooting deaths
A man is being questioned in connection with the murder of two men shot dead at a traveller site.
The 40-year-old attended a police station outside Suffolk on Wednesday night, where he was arrested by officers on suspicion of murder.
Detectives believe the two men who lost their lives at the site in Beck Row, near Mildenhall, were embroiled in a dispute after a shooting earlier this year.
Officers investigated after a vehicle was shot at on February 17. No-one was hurt but a number of people were arrested and released on bail pending further inquiries.
Police are trying to establish whether there is a link between the two incidents at the site, which is near the United States Air Force base at Lakenheath.
On Wednesday officers were attempting to identify the two men, whose bodies were both found at the site. One was found on the ground, the second in a burning car, officers said.
The investigation continued after David Cameron said the killings were a "dreadful crime". Speaking at Prime Minister's Question Time, Mr Cameron said the deaths were "very disturbing". But he reassured MPs that the police would do "everything they could" to bring the killers to justice.
Chief Superintendent Stewart Gull said armed officers were patrolling the area. "We believe the deaths are connected to an ongoing dispute," he said. "We are looking to establish what happened. Our primary aim is to establish the identity of these two men."
He added: "We will be looking to establish whether there is any correlation between these shootings and the previous incident."
Mr Gull said no-one else was hurt in the latest incident and no weapon had been found.