Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Home News UK

Man rushed to hospital after firework explodes in his face

Published 07/11/2015

A firework has exploded in a man's face
A firework has exploded in a man's face

A man has been taken to hospital after a firework went off in his face.

The man was treated for superficial burns to his head and hands after a 999 call to the Brownhills area of Walsall in the West Midlands, on Friday.

West Midlands Ambulance Service said he was among seven people, including five children, treated on Friday night for firework-related injuries.

Another man was left with facial injuries from an exploding firework in Worcester.

In Wolverhampton, paramedics treated four children, aged between six and 12, for minor injuries after reports of a firework hurting several people.

Another youngster was treated for an ankle injury in Erdington in Birmingham, after falling awkwardly into the road while reportedly tossing a firework.

A spokesman for the ambulance service said: "If you're attending an organised firework display or are planning on holding a party at home this weekend, please stay safe by following the Firework Code."

Online Editors

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph