New judge 'considered for X Factor'
X Factor bosses are considering adding a fifth judge to the panel in the wake of the furore over Cheryl Cole's refusal to vote, it has been reported.
The proposal is said to be in the process of being finalised with programme boss Simon Cowell putting the finishing touches to the plan.
A group of 20 fans were called to a summit to brainstorm ideas about how to improve the show, according to The Sun.
The show has come under fire after Cole said she was "refusing point blank" to make a choice when two acts she has mentored ended up in the bottom two and judges were asked to choose who should go home.
Her decision not to vote led to Katie Waissel surviving a third sing-off on the show on Sunday as a result of the other judges' majority decision. Instead, Treyc Cohen was sent packing.
X Factor host Dermot O'Leary had been told by producers to accept a majority if Cole refused to make a choice. Some people have chosen to see this as evidence the show was fixed, but show bosses said he was merely being reminded of the rules. O'Leary has used his Twitter account to explain there was "no plot".
Hundreds of viewers have complained to media regulator Ofcom about the incident.
The Daily Star also claimed that there would be a double eviction this weekend.
One idea apparently being considered for the extra judge is to have one of the star guests who appear on that day's edition to give their judgment.
A spokeswoman for the show said the prospect of a fifth judge was "just speculation". And she said they were "not revealing" whether there would be a double eviction at the weekend.