Shoreham Airshow crash: Search continues for further victims as plane wreckage is lifted from site
No further victims have so far been found following the lifting of the jet involved in the fatal Shoreham air disaster, police said.
Senior officers at Sussex Police said their estimate that 11 people died in the crash on Saturday "remains in place" but warned further victims may be found.
Assistant Chief Constable Steve Barry said: "As a result of lifting the jet, we have not discovered any evidence of further victims and our estimate of 11 highly likely victims remains in place.
"However, until we have fully completed the search of what is an extensive scene, I must caution that there is still the possibility that we may discover evidence of further victims, but I am not prepared to speculate on that figure."
As the jet was removed for forensic examination, it emerged that more than 200 people have reported concerns about missing friends and relatives.
The disaster happened at 1.20pm when a 1950s Hawker Hunter jet plummeted on to the A27 amid a fireball after failing to pull out of a loop-the-loop stunt.
Pilot Andrew Hill is fighting for his life after being put into a medically induced coma, while at least 11 people were killed in the crash. Police earlier said the final death toll could be up to 20. The plane will be sent to Farnborough in Hampshire where Air Accidents Investigation (AAIB) investigators will examine the wreckage.
Vehicles and other debris will then be removed from the scene before a second phase of checking to ensure all victims have been accounted for. The disaster prompted the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) to announce restrictions on air shows "until further notice" on the flying of vintage jets.
Displays by vintage jets over land will be limited to flypasts, which means high-energy acrobatics are banned.
A statement by the regulator added: "The CAA will conduct additional risk assessments on all forthcoming civil air displays to establish if additional measures should be introduced."
The crash has sparked calls for safety precautions at public air shows to be tightened.
But a host of air shows are set to go ahead despite the disaster, and aviation experts said it would be wrong to ban acrobatic flying displays - insisting they are subject to rigorous safety checks.